Toner is an interchangeable term referring to the watery liquid generally used after cleansing the face and before moisturizing. They can be applied with a cotton pad or spritzed directly onto the face, just avoid the eyes.
There are actually 3 types of toners:
Astringent, which has the highest alcohol content. It has a drying effect on the skin and is made for people with oily or acne prone skin.
Fresheners, have the lowest alcohol content and are hydrating. This is made for people with dry, mature, or sensitive skin.
Toners, have a medium alcohol content and have a tightening and toning effect on the skin. These are made for people with normal or combination skin.
- It restores the skins natural pH.
- Some help to hydrate skin.
- Astringent can have a temporary tightening effect on the skin and follicles.
- Neutrogena - Oil Free Acne Stress Control - $7.99 +/-
- Origins - Zero Oil Pore Purifying - $23 +/-
- Olegenriksen - Balancing - $40 +/-
- First Aid Beauty- Cital Greens Face Mist - $18
- Murad - Hydrating Toner - $30 +/-
- Tatcha- Dewy Skin Mist - $48 +/-
- Witch Hazel - $2 +/-
- Kate Somerville - Nourish - $24.99 +/-
- Caudalie - Beauty Elixer - $48 +/-
Hope to have helped you find the toner that's right for you!